Now we command you, brethren, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.
This salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.
2 Thessalonians 3:6-17 KJV
The Apostle Paul was an Entrepreneur. From what I researched he was a tentmaker. He did not have an employer, he worked, as the scripture states, “wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you”.
I love this. It encourage me as an Entrepreneur. I have heard the saying, “If a man doesn’t work he shouldn’t eat.” given in regards to working a job. Being employed.
However, from the Apostle Paul’s ensample, he worked night and day, and from what I researched, he was a tentmaker. An Entrepreneur.
As a born again believer in Jesus Christ, you should not be idle or a busybody. You should be working and eating your own bread.
Work can consist of a number of things.
1. activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
- mental or physical activity as means of earning income; employment
- the place where one is employed.
- the period of time one spends in paid employment.
2. a task or tasks to be undertaken; something a person or thing has to do.
- the materials for a task.
- cosmetic plastic surgery.
- good or moral deeds.
3. something done or made.
- the result of the action of a specified person or thing.
- a literary or musical composition or other piece of fine art.
- all literary or musical pieces by a particular author, composer, or artist, regarded collectively.
- a piece of embroidery, sewing, or knitting, typically made using a specified stitch or method.
- an architectural or engineering structure such as a bridge or dam.
- the record of the successive calculations made in solving a mathematical problem.
- to be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a purpose or result, especially in one’s job; do work.
- be employed in a specified occupation or field.
- set to or keep at work.
- solve (a puzzle or mathematical problem).
- practice one’s occupation or operate in or at (a particular place).
- cause (device or machine) to operate.
3. (of a plan or method) have the desired result or effect.
- bring about; produce as a result.
- make efforts to achieve something; campaign.
- arrange or contrive.
4. bring (a material or mixture) to a desired shape or consistency by hammering, kneading, or some other method.
- (of an artist) produce articles or pictures using (a particular material or medium.)
- produce (an article or design) using a specified material or sewing stitch.
- cultivate (land) or extract materials from (a mine or quarry).
Bridget Denise Webb
Sign up with your email to receive blog posts, information, and promotions!